There are many factors that contribute to an HVAC system becoming dirty or clogged. Debris in the air can get caught in the air filters, for example, or spores can grow from the moisture in the air. These can be carried into the coils.
At H&H Heating and Air, we take care of all your heating and cooling needs for residential and commercial properties. Our licensed team of experts is trained to fully service any heating and cooling system. Coil cleaning is one important service we provide that is often overlooked by homeowners. To fully understand the importance of coil cleaning, let’s look at the negative impact dirty coils can have on your energy bills and your home.
What Are A/C Coils?
A/C coils are a major part of your air conditioning system. There are two types of coils: evaporator and condenser. The evaporator coils, located indoors, cool and dehumidify the air inside your home. The condenser coils, usually found outside, push the hot air out of your home.
The transfer of heat from the inside to the outside is usually an efficient process, but it becomes less efficient when your coils become dirty and clogged. It’s not unusual for coils to accumulate a layer of dust and debris over time. Left uncleaned, this grime will cause the A/C unit to work harder and harder to cool your home until the unit breaks down completely. This hassle and expense can be avoided by having your A/C coils professionally cleaned by H&H Heating and Air.
Why You Need Professional Coil Cleaning
Coil cleaning is an important part of preventive maintenance that many homeowners forget about until their dirty unit becomes a problem. Here are some reasons why clean coils are important, and why you should hire professionals to do the job:
- It’s Not a DIY Job. A/C coils are notoriously difficult to access, and their surfaces are covered with delicate fins that can be easily damaged by using the wrong cleaning materials or techniques. Power-washing with a hose can push the dirt deeper into the coils. It’s best to trust this job to professionals to avoid costly repairs or replacements.
- It Will Lower Your Energy Bills. As dirt accumulates in your coils, it makes your A/C system work harder and stay on longer to keep your house cool. This translates to a spike in your energy costs. If you’ve noticed your energy bill going up lately, it could indicate that a coil cleaning is overdue.
- Your Unit Will Last Longer. Allowing your air conditioner to run with dirty coils puts a strain on many of the system’s components. A dirty unit is more prone to overheating, causing parts like fans and belts to wear out faster than they should. Coil cleaning takes the stress off of your unit and helps you avoid an untimely system failure.
- You Will Avoid Refrigerant Leaks. Exposure to pollutants in the outdoor air can cause condenser coils to corrode and crack, allowing refrigerant to seep out. As the level of refrigerant in the unit decreases, it will have an increasingly difficult time keeping your house cool.
- You’ll have peace of mind. Don’t go through the hassle of trying to clean your A/C coils, only to worry afterward that you damaged them or put them back in the wrong way. Let H&H do the job for you and you can rest assured that it was done right!
If your air conditioning unit isn’t working as well as it should and you suspect it has something to do with the coils, you should call our team of professionals to check it out right away. We’ve been in the heating and cooling business for more than 20 years, so we have the training and experience to help you, whether you need extensive HVAC repairs or just a thorough coil cleaning. Our team is friendly and helpful, and we are always happy to provide a free estimate for our services.
H&H Heating and Air: Your Coil Cleaning Specialists
Looking for replacement or installation for heating and air conditioning in Allen, TX and the surrounding area? You can rely on H&H Heating and Air for all your HVAC needs, including coil cleaning and other preventive maintenance. We will keep your home or office cool and comfortable all year round. Ask us about the steps we can take to lower your energy bill! We have solutions to fit every budget. Give us a call today!
What People Are Saying
We're Here To Help!
5900 South Lake Forest Drive
Suite 300 #1000
McKinney, TX 75070
M-F: 8am – 10pm
S-S: 8am – 7pm
Caddo Mills Office
6290 Bridle Trail
Caddo Mills , TX 75135